5 Things in July | Monthly Update

Now that July has come to a close, I thought it was only right that I did a monthly update...that was actually on time. July was a much busier month then I expected, but it was still fun and worthwhile.

1 | Late Fourth of July?


This was the first year (that I remember) not celebrating the fourth of July on the actual fourth. It rained and fireworks were basically canceled, but we still got to do smores which were fun. We also grilled out on the sixth and did sparklers then so I guess it wasn't too bad, but I hate the actual day got rained out.

2 | First Time Playing Laser Tag + Getting a Hang of Roller Skating

I know I wrote about my W&L AIM experience in my last monthly update, but I left this off because it didn't occur in June. Our final outing was a day trip to Lynchburg, VA for rollerskating and laser tag. I've never been a great roller skater, but somehow my skating skills improved from the last time I went, and by improved I mean I only fell 9 times. I also got to try my hand at laser tag, and while my team lost I still had a ton of fun. I won't lie, though, I was more excited by the idea of eating Chikfila again since there isn't a location near W&L. (Perks of being at a rural school...right?) I've never been that big of a Chikfila eater, but considering the nearest McDonalds is about 1.5 miles away from campus I was happy to hear fast food would be a short walk away from the skating rink and boy did it not disappoint. I don't think chicken minis and waffle fries have ever tasted that good. Just thinking back has my mouth-watering. 

 It also got me thinking about the things we take for granted in suburban and urban America. Small things like Chikfila and Walmart are hot commodities in these parts.

3 | Returning Home from Virginia


I also finally got back home from Virginia. I won't lie packing was a bit stressful since I had to pack both the things I brought and the things I bought for my family and friends. Thankfully, I found a faculty member who was willing to keep my dorm items at their home which was great! However, my flight situation sadly wasn't as seamless as packing. After a weather delay caused me to miss my connection I was placed on a new flight that would get me back home 5 hours later. To say the least, it was a "fun" experience, but thankfully I got home in one piece! I'll also say this is the first time I've missed a flight because of a delay and considering how much I've traveled in the past year that's pretty great odds.

4 | School + Dorm Shopping

Shortly, after I got home it was tax-free weekend in Alabama. This meant shopping for school and dorm supplies. I had recently found out who my roommate would be so, to say the least, I was excited.  We decided on making our room baby blue with yellow accents so I picked up a comforter, storage crates, and some pillows. Obviously, I can't see how everything will come together just yet since I haven't moved in yet, but stay tuned for more details. :)

5 | VACATION!

I won't go too in depth because I planned on doing a full post on my vacation, but let me just say it was a much-needed break. My family and I headed to Jamaica with a family friend and it was just what the doctor ordered. Not only did I get to stop and spend some time in the sun and on the sandy beaches, but I also got a chance to visit some of my extended family in Kingston. All in all this was the perfect cap to the end of my summer. I just wish it could've been a tad longer.


What did you do this past July?


41 comments

  1. It sounds like you had a fun month! I've always wanted to try laser tag! I hope you had a great time in Jamaica too x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sophie! I did have a great vacation and can't wait to share it with you guys!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  2. It sounds like July was such a fun month for you! I hope you have a great time in August, too! Thanks for sharing! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melissa! Happy you enjoyed the piece.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  3. You had a fun filled month of July hun, hope August is even better!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lovely! Hope you have a great start to your week!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It sure was Francesca! Thanks for reading.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  5. You surely had an amazing month babe!
    Have a lovely August too!
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/how-to-style-golden-jewellery-for-office-and-casual-looks/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nistha! Hope you have a great August.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  6. Jamaica sounds great.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love playing lazer tag!! It's been years though!

    Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is fun! Happy I got to try it out.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  8. It sounds like such a busy but fun month! Hope you have a great August too. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! Hope you have a great start to your week.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  9. Love playing laser tag! Have fun on your vacation and can't wait to read the post.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! I can't wait for it to come out.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  10. Ooh I love the sound of tax-free shopping and a holiday in Jamaica! My July was far less exciting as I had pneumonia! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I hope you are feeling 100% again.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  11. Nice post! I also wish the summer could've been a little bit longer ):. Your July must have been exciting!

    https://matiime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was! And I agree why can't summer be 3 months long? I feel like one more month would give me the rest I need.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  12. Oo what an eventful summer! School and dorm shopping is always fun. I just bought some stationary goods for going back to school and I'm so EXCITED. I've never done laser tag or rollerskated, I feel like I'd fall really easily haha. Thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Geraldine! I'm happy you enjoyed the post.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  13. What a fun month you had, even with the weather meaning there were no fireworks and your flight delay! Such a busy month!

    Hope that your week is going well! :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mica! It was definitely a topsy turvy time but it all worked out the way it was supposed to. Happy you enjoyed the post! Hope you are having a great week!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  14. Sounds like a great month you had!

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! Hope you have a great week!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  15. What a fun-filled month! Busy too, but always an exciting time!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it sure was! Hope you have a great week.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  16. Seems like you had such a fun month. All I did was have lazy days at home, playing lots of Sims 4 haha. Its my favourite game!

    https://lifewithmins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to play that game again! Reminds me of childhood. Thanks for adding to the conversation Minhal! Hope you have a great week!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  17. Oh, Jamaica sounds lovely. I could do with a sunny holiday right now...

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! It was a great time, although a tad bit too hot (my shoulders are paying for that heat right now int he form of sunburns).

      - Avalon

      Delete
  18. Aw it sounds like you had such a lovely month Hun, I love laser tag sooo much haha! x

    Grace Louise || www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! It sure was. I hope you have a great week.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  19. Ahh, I love laser tag! Although I haven't played in about a decade haha... so much fun! Happy to hear things are going well for you babe :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle! I hope things are going great for you too.

      xx Avalon

      Delete
  20. It must be so exciting deciding how you will have your dorm room and it is really nice that a faculty member held onto some of your stuff for you :).

    You sound much better at roller skating than me. The first time I stood up on them I fell over hehe.

    Sarah xo Oomph London

    ReplyDelete