5 Ways to Be More Present in Your Life


When I was planning out this month's posts I really felt like this was a topic I needed to write about because it's something I've struggled to do. It's hard to be fully present because there's always a half-a-dozen things drawing my attention, but when I'm intentional with my time I know I can live a life more fulfilled. That's why I thought I would give you guys 5 tips to be more present in your own life. 

1 | Disconnect

I love social media as much as the next person, but even I realize when it's time to take a break. I also understand the hypocrisy since you are probably reading this on your phone or laptop, but I still have to say it. TAKE A BREAK. Summer is a great excuse (or opportunity) to step away from the computer for a few days and truly live in the moment.

2 | Prioritize your Relationships (and Friendships)

Summer, at least for students, is a great time to reconnect with people you may have not been able to see during the school year. Prioritize the relationships in your life because, in all honesty, these are what make life worth living. Set up a lunch or ice cream date and catch up with your friends.

3 | Check in with Yourself 

I love summer because it is a great reminder to slow down. Throughout the busy school year, we are constantly at a go. We're pushing ourselves to the brink so that we can make it to the next level, but summer reminds us to take some time for ourselves and appreciate how far we've come to achieving our goals. It isn't selfish to check in with yourself and treat yourself as needed. You have to take time to REST and prepare for the next season of your life whether that be the next level in school or another year at your workplace.

4 | Go Outside

Enjoy the sunlight baking your skin, the fresh air filling your lungs, and the beauty of nature around you. I love summer because it is a great reminder that the sun keeps shining. It's sometimes easy to forget that the sun will dawn again during the fall and winter months, but summer really does help remind us that we were put on this Earth for a reason. I know it's sometimes hard to find a reason to go outside and enjoy the outdoors, especially since many of us work inside, but if you can try to be outdoors a little more this season.

5 | Take Life 1 Day at a Time

Don't plan your life too far out. This is hard for me, but I've had to realize that if we keep wishing for the next stepping stone we'll miss the reality of the stepping stone we're already in. I know it's cliche to say, but life is really about the journey, not the destination. Use summer to be a little more spontaneous. Say yes to that brunch with friends or that random concert you were invited to.

How will you try to be more present in your life?



29 comments

  1. Such a great post, i love it!!

    https://thepromdichic.wordpress.com/2019/07/21/nature-awaits-lower-magat-eco-tourism-park/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Happy you enjoyed it.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  2. I needed this post. Its so important to check up on ourselves from time to time. I had some very stressful months but now I've taken some time out to just relax and focus on myself. And I'm trying to take each day as it comes. Yes, its nerve-wracking but its also super exciting cuz who knows what the future has in store for me haha!

    https://lifewithmins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy this post helped you, and it's great you have that self awareness because in all honesty that's the first step.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  3. Yess staying present is so important! This past year, I've been so overwhelmed by the unknown of the future, and one way I've been battling that is by being more present. I'm a big believer of taking life one day at a time :) I've also been more intentional about going outside, though more for my mental and physical health than for the purpose of being present, but going outside certainly helps with that too! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great, and I'm happy you're taking steps in your life to make sure that you take care of yourself. It's so important to step away from the big picture and take every day at face value.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  4. Love this! Just like you say, it can be a real struggle to stay present when there's always so much going on from all different directions! But I'm trying really hard to make more effort. Great tips!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy you enjoyed my post and gleaned a few tips to implement in your own life. Hope you have a great rest of your week Emily!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  5. These are great tips. Disconecting from social media is so important. xx

    www.ninakobi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you agree with me! Hope you have a great week.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  6. I've just turned my phone off, going to have a mobile/Instagram free day! These tips are great and also completely agree with getting outside. I walk to work and find it very relaxing, especially going through parks because it's a brief chance to reconnect with nature x

    Jenny | Local Leo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's partially why I'm excited for college because I know I will have more opportunities to get outside and enjoy nature - especially when walking to class. I'm happy you get to walk to work, I hope to have a similar situation in the future.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  7. These are really good tips! Going outside always helps me be more present and it's so calming too. And not planning life out too far in the future is something I need to start doing. Thank you for the ideas!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm happy you enjoyed my post. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  8. Love this post! Totally agree with disconnecting and going outside.

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed this post! Hope you have a great rest of your week!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  9. I needed this post! I have been feeling quite overworked lately and just need to take a step back to regain myself :) xx

    Violethollow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy this post spoke to you. I hope that you'll be able to find more clarity amidst the busyness of your everyday life. Hope you have a great rest of your week. :)

      - Avalon

      Delete
  10. What an insightful post, thank you so much for sharing it. I couldn't agree more about disconnecting from time to time. I find it to be a very refreshing experience xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Naya! I'm so happy you enjoyed the post. I also find disconnecting an enlightening experience.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  11. Wise words indeed, babe. I couldn’t agree more with all you’ve said. Thanks for sharing, beautiful!

    Xo,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoyed this post Jalisa! Thanks for reading.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  12. I'm so happy you agree Simone! Hope you have a great week.

    - Avalon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some great tips! I think disconnecting is a big one and being in the moment. There are so many things these days to keep us distracted so it's not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful read. Thanks a lot for sharing this dear. Such a great reminder.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I'm happy you enjoyed it.

      xx Avalon

      Delete
  15. Loved this!! So many important points!

    It's so good to disconnect from time to time - i think it's also important to check your screen time. We all have a habit of scrolling endlessly and you let time slip away.

    'Prioritize the relationships in your life because, in all honesty, these are what make life worth living' this is spot on!! The older i get the more i understand that it doesn't matter what you have etc.. it's those who are in your life that make it so special.

    Hayley || hayleyxmartin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really amazing and useful article.Thanks for sharing this knowledgeable post.

    Nahid | https://bestclicknow.com

    ReplyDelete