7 Things in June | Monthly Wrap-Up

This is such a late monthly update, but better late then never...right? I won't lie moving into a college dorm really gave me a chance to see how my time would be spent in college. It's hard balancing work and a social life which is why I took a little time to get oriented before coming back to this blog. I had some blog posts that were scheduled to go up, but they weren't fully done which is why some of you guys saw some blank posts. Regardless, there's no excuse and I promise to be better now that I know what my time is going to look like in the fall. Anyway, here are my favorite moments in June.

1 | W&L AIM Program


The biggest thing that happened in June was moving to W&L for a 5-week summer program. I never expected to make so many friends and have so much fun on this trip. I know I mentioned this program in a previous blog post, but back then I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I had no idea I was walking into an incredible program that would help improve my leadership skills and broaden my educational horizon. Nevertheless, in those short 5 weeks, I got that and more. I would go further into all that I did, but many of the moments I highlighted in this post come from things I did during this program, so I'll leave it to those.

2 | Visit Goshen Falls, VA


While in Virginia I had the chance to visit Goshen falls which is a popular spot in the Rockbridge area. Even though it wasn't hot we still got a chance to enjoy the water and picnic in the sun. IF you're ever in the area I would totally recommend giving it a shot.

3 | First Drive-In Movie

I don't know about you, but there are no drive-in movies where I'm from. We do sometimes have movies on the lawn, but never something like this. Yet I got to visit Hulls Drive-in while I was in Virginia and it was such a great experience - even if I probably should have packed warmer clothes to wear. We got to watch Toy Story 4 and the new live-action Aladdin movie. I loved Aladdin...Toy Story 4 not so much, but it was still a great time!

4 | Saw Julius Cesear at Blackfriars Playhouse

At this point, you're probably tired of hearing about the places I got to visit in Virginia, but I couldn't not include my trip to the famous Blackfriars Theatre. This theatre is the only theatre in the world to be modeled after Shakespeare's indoor theatre. Getting to see Julius Caesar on stage was such a great experience and I'm so thankful AIM gave me an opportunity to see this in person.






5 | Journalism Shenanigans 



My AIM program experience focused on the life of a journalist since I was in the journalism immersion. This meant I got to conduct interviews, write scripts for video packages, and anchor for an online news broadcast. This experience was nothing less than amazing because it allowed me to see that this could be the thing I want to do in the future.

6 | Survived My First Spin Class

While in Virginia, I had a chance to try out my first spin class. I won't lie,  really loved it. I tried out a SPLIT class that spends 25 minutes on the bike and 20 in the gym and it was really fun. I love workouts that are fun, but challenging and I think this was a great mix of the both. I also know that the bikes will help increase my stamina which is always helpful. 

7 | Reconnected with old friends

Throughout my college application process, I had the chance to visit many schools through various fly-in programs. This allowed me to truly see what college life could look like for me. It also allowed me to meet a ton of amazing people who will probably do some amazing things at the institutions they wound up in. Over June I happened to reconnect with some of the friends I met with on these trips and am so excited to see these relationships bloom further. It just goes to show you never know the impact the people in your life will have on you.


What did you do this past June?




42 comments

  1. Sadly this post isn't loading for me :(

    I hope that you are having an awesome week though and you had a great month of June! :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The issue has been fixed. :)

      xx Avalon from Simply Avalon

      Delete
  2. Aw sounds like you had a lovely June!! I remember what it was like to be a senior in high school & awaiting graduation day & your first day of college, what a time :') I loved Aladdin too, it was such a feel-good & funny film! I need to go to a drive-in movie soon; I've been meaning to for ages x

    twinklexthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the chance too I would totally suggest it, especially since many of these places are hard to find. Happy you liked Aladdin too, I really loved how they kept the essence but still made changes.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I recently went to a drive in movie for the first time. Such a fun experience!
    Happy summer!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you got to experience a drive-in, they're something special! :)

      - Avalon

      Delete
  4. It seems like you had an incredible month full of exciting things :D
    Would love to visit those falls
    xx

    www.freeoversea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely did, my June and July were packed with tons of different things.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  5. Congrats on completing your program! Where I live there used to be a few drive-in movie theaters when I was growing up but currently a lot of them have closed and have been replaced by multiplex movie theaters which I think is a shame because they offer us a bit of nostalgia in the modern world.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think there's a place for both, but I wish more were preserved so that future generations could enjoy them.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  6. So much outdoor fun, and yay for spin class! One of my fav workouts <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely better late than never haha! It sounds like you've had such a fab month! We don't do drive ins where I'm from, but they seem great! Gutted you didn't like Toy Story, I really liked it, but wouldn't say it was the best one xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha happy you agree, and maybe I'll re-try Toy Story 4 in a year. Thanks for reading!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  8. Balancing work with a social life can be tough but it looks like you've managed it pretty well and you're having a great summer so far as well. I also took the time to reconnect with old friends in June which was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rowena! And that's great. I've always believed summer is the best time to reconnect with old friends.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  9. What an eventful summer! Congrats on the spin class. And I went to a Drive in Once.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Happy you had an opportunity to go to one.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  10. Looks like you a great month! SO fun!

    Happy Wednesay, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I definitely did. Happy you enjoyed the post. :)

      - Avalon

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a great month! I wish we had the options of drive in movies, they always sound like so much fun. Congrats on surviving spin class too! I've been thinking about trying one recently x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally try a spin class out if you have the chance too and the price is right. It has easily become one of my favorite cardio workouts.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  12. The Falls look amazing! What a beautiful picture spot!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful month and lovely pics!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like your last month was amazing! loving all the pictures here :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your June looked awesome- don't you love spin? It's such a great workout!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! It's easily become one of my favorite ways to get in a fun cardio workout.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  16. So cool that you jumped right into college with a summer program! Your AIM program sounds like it was a great experience!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely not as eventful as your month that is for sure! I love the idea of the AIM program to get a feel for a certain career. I wish (mind you I've been out of school for many moons now so maybe things have changed) there were options like this where I am from, especially early on in your studies too. It's hard enough figuring out what you want at life at such a young age.

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom said a similar thing after I told her how my 5 weeks went. And sometimes slower months are the best kind of months.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  18. Hahaha I thought that too when I got my bike adjusted, but I'm sure you would do great!

    - Avalon

    ReplyDelete