5 Things I Intend to do this Semester


Now that Christmas break is officially over and I've finished ALL college applications I'm excited to see what the future has in store for me. I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Bloomly, and really enjoyed a post the author wrote this past August about her school resolutions. This post inspired me to make a few resolutions of my own focused on the incoming semester.

01 |  Not allow senioritis to take over

Senioritis describes the decreased motivation toward studies displayed by students who are nearing the end of their high school careers.

Even though applications are over and midyear grades are finalized I don't want to allow myself to step off the gas pedal. I still have aspirations that go further than those applications and I want to finish the year out strong. I know it will be hard because I've already felt senioritis whisper in my ear, but I hope that my resolve heightens as this semester progresses.

02 | Say 'YES' more often
Last semester I found myself saying "no" a lot, mostly because of all the things I had going on. Even though soccer will be restarting this semester I hope to say "yes" more often to things I normally wouldn't agree to because life is best spent trying out new things.

03 | Go to more sporting events
I love watching my school play basketball, but this past semester I found myself missing out on games because I had an application or homework to finish. Even though I know this semester will be rough for different reasons I hope that I will be able to make more time for watching the teams I love. Especially since this will be the last time I have the opportunity to watch them (at least from a student's perspective).

04 | Take more time to RELAX
Most would find it odd that I have to "schedule" out time to relax, but that's just how I'm wired. I tend to be the person who is always on "go", and that makes it super easy for me to burn out without realizing. That's why I've already set certain things aside because last year I knew I was being pulled in too many directions. This year I hope to take more time out of the day (and week) to focus on myself and R E L A X.

05 | Enjoy the ride
In the end, this is my last semester of high school. I'd hate to look back on it and think that I wasted my last five months in high school. I hope to spend more of this semester living in the moment and having fun with friends because, in the end, I don't where we'll all end up next school year.

Are you making school resolutions? If so what are they?


0 comments