Dealing with Bad days

I'm one of those people who will get upset at the slight change of plans. If you've ever had a bad day I hope this story will help you get through whatever trial you are going through cause girl (or guy) you got this!

Yesterday, I played in my first soccer game of the season we ended up losing a heartbreaking 2-1 loss. it was hard not to go hard on myself even though it wasn't truly my fault I placed the blame on myself. The majority of the game had been played on their side we had the momentum, but still our team missed multiple shots including a penalty kick and I alone missed 3 easy shots. That alone was enough to trap me alone in my thoughts (and a seemingly endless conversation with one of my best guy friends) with muscle cream and two ice packs. My first mistake was placing ice over the areas I had placed muscle cream according to the friend I was texting that causes it to speed up and believe me I felt the burn. :P

The very next day I hit rock bottom I had made a mistake in a lab on the day it was due and had to redo it as a result. When I noticed in the morning I burst into tears I seriously had no idea what I was going to do one F and my grade would be sliced in half. As I write to you I am drinking some water and trying to keep my allergies at bay with some meds (which have yet to kick in).

As I was crying in the bathroom of my high school I remembered one of my favorite verses from the bible, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you, he will never leave nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV. Although I still physically cried in that stall mentally I was at peace. Somehow God laid on my heart the fact that he would never ever allow me to go through a situation I was ill-prepared for. He will never ever give us more than we can handle and that mere fact was enough for me to get out and continue with my day.

Somehow I've tricked myself into thinking that I have to live up to society's standard of perfection when I have a Lord and savior who will take me exactly how I am. Although I still consider today one of the lowest points of my high school career I can feel happy in the fact that even though I will have bad days God will never give me more than I can handle.

With much love,

0 comments