5 Things in November

It's been awhile since I've posted on here and that has been for quite a few reasons, but I plan to get into that in a later post. For now, I wanted to offer a list of all the great things that happened in November.

1 | Dinner & the Joker

While this may seem like a mundane activity, this was totally out of character for me. I never really went to movies as a kid, but when my boyfriend suggested we spend a night out I couldn't say no. We decided to go to a Thai restaurant near our college and besides the food beating d-hall it was fun to catch up with him outside of school bounds. After eating we decided to go check out the Joker. I won't lie it wasn't one of my favorites. I totally understood why the movie had to be so dark and actually loved the cinematic decisions of the director, but I couldn't get on board with the script. Joaquin Phoenix was amazing!

2 | Mock Con Gala

One of the biggest highlights of November and this semester has been going to Mock Con Gala with my friends. Every four years my school works to predict the presidential candidate for the out of office party (in this case the Democrats). In order to fundraise, they put on a formal gala for students to dress up and attend. It was an amazing night of dancing, singing, and all-around fun. The committee did so well decorating and planning the entire night and I had a wonderful time. Honestly, looking back I'm more happy that I felt better from my bout of tonsilitis (diagnosed at the start of the week before Mock Con Gala). I was worried that I would feel terrible the entire night, but I ended up feeling great even with the cold.


3 | Lunch with President Dudley

Had you asked me a week earlier whether I would have lunch with the president of my college my first semester of college I would've responded with a laugh and no. Yet, here we are. It was a great experience and he was such a genuine and down to earth guy. Hopefully, this will be the first of many productive meetings, and I look forward to seeing what changes I can make on campus.

4 | Returning Home from Virginia


I also got to head back home for the first time since arriving on campus and it was a welcome reprieve. I won't lie I started feeling the effects of seasonal depression and homesickness had started to weed itself into my brain so this was right in the knick of time. I ended up being sick for the entire week, but it was still nice to be home, surrounded by family, and in a significantly warmer climate. 

5 | Black Friday Shopping!

Despite being ill for the entire week, I still found time to shop because I knew I wouldn't be able to take advantage of those deals later on. I got quite a few great purchases including Champion joggers, Supergas, sweaters, and other knick-knacks. I also stocked up on some Christmas presents that I can't wait to give my friends both at home and in college.

What did you do this past November?


31 comments

  1. Where abouts is your family from in Virginia? I was just in Virginia last week for a company holiday party! The headquarters is in Richmond and it is so pretty there!

    Xo Logan
    https://peculiarporter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't live in Virginia, but I attend college there. I haven't been to Richmond yet, but I will definitely have to check it out!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  2. I still haven't seen Joker! I missed it at the cinema but I'll definitely watch it when I can. Heard such strong views on it! x

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it is definitely one of those films that you either love or hate. As I said above I enjoyed certain aspects of it, but if you aren't into a lot of violence (specifically violence that often times seems needless) then this isn't the film for you.

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel better.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm back home for winter break and I feel 100% better than before. i think there may be something in my dorm that is making me sick.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  4. I don't even remember what I did in November, isn't that sad?! This year is going by way too fast, it is all blurring together. Your November sounds like you had a great month!

    Ashlee | https://www.maybeafterbrunch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I totally understand once we hit October everything starts to speed up and blue together. This month is going so fast, but I'm super excited to see what the New Year holds!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great month! That Mock Con Gala sounds interesting and fun. A nice break from the news I bet. I can now say I am done Christmas shopping got my last gift today.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super great, and not going to lie I haven't heard of any other college doing one. And ayyy congrats! I wish I could say the same, but I will say that my Christmas shopping is almost done.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  6. Such a wholesome blog :) amazing!
    -Marina W
    http://www.waitmarinawho.com/2019/12/elysian-haarlem.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Marina! That means a lot!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had great fun :)
    Happy Holidays girl,
    xx

    www.freeoversea.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely post and thank you for sharing! Can't wait to see more from you and looking forward to your posts!

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! :)

    Layla x

    https://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Layla! I'm excited to see what the next year holds!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  9. It sounds like you had a good month. I hope that December goes just as well.

    I hope you're enjoying your winter so far.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post dear! HAve a great weekend and merry christmas!! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. A November well spent! What did I do???? Work, a bit hanging out with friends, church and I wasn't well, but thank God it is well.

    https://missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly sounds like we had a similar November. Praying for an even better December. :)

      - Avalon

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a good month! This fall has gone so quickly.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! And I totally agree!! Where has this year gone?!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  13. I'm so sorry you were sick! It sounds like you still had some amazing things happening in November. I really want to see The Joker, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

    I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

    https://www.makelifemarvelous.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really hoping I'll be healthier next semester, but dorm life isn't the always the best life haha. I hope you get to see the Joker soon, would love to hear your thoughts!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  14. I love the Joker, Phoenix is just an exceptional actor!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would've enjoyed the movie more, but I totally agree that Joaquin killed this movie. His acting made the whole movie worth it!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  15. custom sweatshirts is your online source for custom custom hard hats,cheap custom hat and designer backpacksand and custom sweatshirts specifically customized with your logo, artwork or slogan

    ReplyDelete