Christmas This or That?

Christmas Tree With Baubles

I was browsing my usual list of bloggers that I enjoy reading and stumbled upon a post from Just Georgia Rose. She is currently doing a Christmas series on her blog and included a Christmas edition of This or That. I really loved what she came up with and thought I would add my own thoughts here. Definitely go check out her post here and continue the chain. Also thought I'd add since this will probably be my last "Christmas" centered post for the year that as we begin to enjoy the fruits of our labor this season let us not forget the true reason for the season which is our savior, Jesus Christ's birth. :)

1 | Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Christmas day. My family never really did much on Christmas eve, but I still remember waking up in the morning to Christmas music which signaled that my siblings and I could come downstairs. We'd read the nativity story in Luke and then open one present before breakfast. It was always such a great time, and I can't imagine picking Christmas eve instead. (Especially since that tends to be the last-minute stress day to get any last-minute stocking stuffers.)

2 | Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags?

Gift Bags. I won't lie I am a terrible gift wrapper. Can I and do I still wrap presents from time to time? Yes, but I definitely prefer a good gift bag topped with an obnoxious amount of tissue paper and twine.

3 | Christmas Party or Cosy Night In?

I'm a big Christmas party food gal, but I have never and will never be a night owl. Even if I do choose to spend the night at a Christmas party I tend to bow out around 11 (*coughs* 10:30) because deep down I'm a grandma.

4 | "Love Actually" or "The Holiday"?

I have a confession to make...I haven't seen either of these Christmas movies. My favorite Christmas movie is actually The Last Flight Before Christmas which is shown on Lifetime.

5 | Giving Presents or Receiving Presents

To be totally honest I'm a fan of both. I always love surprising my friends with presents during Christmas, but I would be lying if I said I don't love to read heartfelt notes around this time too. Christmas is a great time for giving and this is just one of the many aspects that make me love this season.


What are you excited for this Christmas season?




37 comments

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New year!
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice info. Have a great holiday. God blessed you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky! Happy you enjoyed the post!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  3. I really love the holiday season! Merry Christmas! Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Allurerage
    Rampdiary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you so much!! So happy you enjoyed the post!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  4. I've actually never made it all the way through The Holiday so I suppose it has to be Love Actually!

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm that seems to be the general consensus, seems like I should check it out!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  5. For me it would be Christmas eve because I usually go for countdown and its a lot of fun!

    Daniel x

    The Daniel Originals | Instagram: danielpoonvignez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds super cool Daniel! I think that it depends on the year for me, both days can be fun!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  6. I love to wrap and Love Actually is my favorite movie! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I did have a great Christmas! And looks like I rally need to check that movie out!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  7. Stunning girl! Thank you for share this! 🌺🌸


    prosphairshop Styled Wigs For Women

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post.
    Although some of your answers are different from mine, thanks for the post :)

    XoXo
    - Helena Primeira
    - Helena Primeira Youtube
    - Primeira Panos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Helena! Happy you enjoyed the post!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  9. I always love learning about everyone's holiday traditions, so I really loved reading this! Thanks for sharing! Happy Holidays! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm so happy you enjoyed reading it!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  10. We open presents on Christmas morning. And wrapping paper and ribbon I enjoy mix and matching the papers and ribbons, the wrapping part not so much but I get it done lol. I like older more traditional movies though newer ones like Elf and ones in between like A Christmas Story are great too.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's super interesting Allie! I finally got to watching It's a Wonderful Life, and I have to say it's my new favorite older Christmas movie.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  11. I love this time of year even though I am not Christian. I grew up in a South African Indian household, and every Christmas was about family and sharing many delicious meals together. We did not exchange gifts but there was always lots of love. And on Boxing Day (the Day after Christmas) we would all go to the beach. Fast forward to now - living in the States married to an English, Italian American, love incorporating all the new traditions as well as making new ones. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    Xx
    Nikki
    www.nikkilivinglife.com/blog

    Xx
    Nikki
    www.nikkilivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is truly what it's all about! I love seeing how Christmas brings the world together (even if only for a day haha). I'm so happy you have such great memories of the day!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Nice! Seems like I should watch both of them next holiday season.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  13. I totally prefer cozy nights for Christmas! ;)

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that Jules! thanks for reading!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  14. Love actually is my fave Christmas movie! I try watch it every year but it's harder with the kids now as we tend to watch a Christmas family movie with them and once they are in bed I don't want to watch another movie, haha! :)

    Hope you had a merry Christmas :) We had a great time with family and so much good food! Have a happy new year :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mica! I will definitely plan to watch both Christmas movies next year to prep for the season.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  15. That sounds so exciting! I hope you had a great Christmas!

    - Avalon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the post Avalon! I loved the questions!
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Izzy! So happy you enjoyed this post!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  17. I actually enjoy wrapping presents for my family and friends. Happy New Year Avalon!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's crazy Jessica! I wish I was better at it! Hope you have a great new year too!

      - Avalon

      Delete
  18. I ’m really happy this Christmas, I received one yeezy!I likedesigner backpacks

    ReplyDelete