Prom Checklist


Now that we are nearing the end of February, prom is firmly on the horizon! I may be in college, but I did go to multiple proms in the last 3 years. That's why I know that my more proactive high schoolers are probably searching for the right dress or date for the occasion. Some of the "OG" followers of this blog know that I went to my first prom my sophomore year. If you want to know how it went then check it out here. Either way, this prom inspired me to create a checklist to help keep you on track (and on budget) for your prom.

Prom can be super expensive which is why it is super important to figure out what you can and can't do by yourself. I personally decided to do my nails and makeup myself for prom. This cut out a solid $100 from my prom expenses. While I admit that I was able to do this because I felt comfortable in my makeup and nails skills I totally understand why others may still consider this necessary which is why I suggest booking any appointments at least a month or so in advance so that you know exactly how much you will pay before you get to that counter. This also ensures that you get to see the artist or hairstylist you want because their schedules typically get packed quickly during prom season.

I also included a free budget planner! You can check it out here now.


What tips do you have to make prom (or any dance) run smoothly?

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I definitely had fun the times I was able to go! Hope that college will give me a similar level of fun.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  2. Have fun.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks! Sadly I'm no longer in high school so I won't be going to prom, but hopefully these tips will help someone who does get to go.

      - Avalon

      Delete
  3. I would say, dress really comfortable, stay on your budget and be yourself.
    NEW POST:
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2020/03/i-spent-my-womens-day-with-lies-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are all great tips! Thanks for sharing!

      - Avalon

      Delete